Building Resiliently: FIRE
Identify your fire risk and be ready to respond:
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know what route you will take and have a plan for what you will bring. Check-in with your friends and family.
- Keep your car fueled, in good condition, and stocked with emergency supplies and a change of clothes.
- Have a plan for your pets and livestock including an emergency supplies kit and know the location of pet friendly shelters or locations to take large animals.
- For a handy summary, review and print the Ready Set Go presentation.
- Ask your insurance agent if the fire-resistant materials incorporated into your home, or your landscaping practices, can reduce your premiums.
- Some rental insurance requires a fire risk assessment. Ask your agent.